Friday 3 April 2009

Places to eat Plumstead - Oxleas wood cafe

Where is good to eat in Plumstead...my new series inspired by the odd comment that I've seen in other blogs about places to eat.
I don't foresee this being a long list of places as our options are limited. But I will probably venture into neighbouring territories in the borough as I am sure like us, you all like to get out once in a while.
For starters, let's take a slight step outside of Plumstead and go for the best view, you can't do worse that going for lunch up to Oxleas Wood. I've had a lovely coffee there and some cakes. The menu seems extensive though I have yet to try a main. But take your food outside and soak up that view.
For the lazy or time limited, there is even a handy carpark.

http://oxleawoodcafe.com/

5 comments:

AJWInBlack said...

Ah yes, this is a favourite haunt. Nice paninis, good egg on toast, fabulous views and even a pleasant walk to burn off the cakes!

Doctor Pangloss said...

I'm sure you actually mean 'you can do worse than....'

Sunday fry-up at Oxleas Café then kite flying. Great.

Plummy Mummy said...

Indeed Dr. P you are right. I did mean you can, not you can't.

Will perhaps drag the family up for a spot of kite flying when windy weather permits :)

Harmonica Workshop said...

Also they are starting a Sunday afternoon Acoustic Music Festival from Sunday 24 May 3-6pm, we're kicking it off - The Los Dawsons are the cafe trio that plays at Cattleyas Thai Cafe in SE7 so I guess we are pre-eminently suited to cafe music society..

Rgds

Mike (The Los Dawsons)
http://thelosdawsons.blogspot.com/

Plummy Mummy said...

thanks for the headsup. Will try to make that as plummy daddy likes acoustic sounds.