Wednesday 13 May 2009

A change is as good as a rest

Blimey I can't believe that its been over a month since I posted.

I've been away up in Dundee (which my brother calls Bandit Country). Had mucho fun with my family up there and even managed a day on the nearby Broughty Ferry beach with a bucket and spade. This was the first time the tot got to play with the sand, and she loved it. But a tip for you all out there...don't try to push a pushchair on dry sand - it's a gym workout. Wet sand is much easier but of course it's alarmingly close to the water.

As it was Easter, we ate a lot of chocolate and I've piled on the pounds. I did try to blame it on clothes shrinking in the wash but have had to come clean and admit that I scoffed quite a few choccies.

While away, we had our 2nd anniversary. Spent in a restaurant which at the time seemed fine but in retrospect, we don't remember any of the food as being special so not that great. Luckily, the wine was delicious so maybe that's why we don't remember the food.

And for my cotton anniversary, hubby bought me a sweatshirt that's been personalised with the words 'Plummy Mummy' which leaves me with a dilemma. Do I wear that in public and thereby come out of the bloggers closet. For now, I've decided not to as I want to be honest about what I see in Plumstead and don't want to be beaten up by any neighbours who disagree with my personal musings.

Hubby and I also spent 11 days apart as he returned down sarf for work. Whilst I missed him, I was very pleased for the time apart as it allowed me to do some thinking. The primary thought that stuck in my mind night after night is that "Daddy's do bedtime". Gawd am I glad to be back with him and for him to be reading Goldilocks and the 3 bears night after night after night.

No comments: