Monday 13 July 2009

Dreading summer

Some of the classes I take tot to are winding down now as it's summertime. Even the regular playgroup that she loves is only going to run for one session a week and will stop mid August.
I am starting to be filled with a sense of dread that all the playgroups are going to be filled with older children and my poor tot who is on the small side is going to get trampled on. She already shows signs of nervousness around larger tots...how will she cope with larger, older ones?
I think I am going to be spending a lot of time in the park just kicking around a ball and trying to keep her entertained in our garden until blissful September rolls by.
Any suggestions for how to entertain a little one would be gratefully received.

4 comments:

jennidots said...

Yes, I know what you mean. I don't have a vast network of people in Plumstead. I was thinking of having an afternoon tea party in our garden. I guess invite a few people and then they invite a few people....
If I get around to it it will be in August...providing the weather ever becomes a bit more relaible.
Jenni

Doctor Pangloss said...

You could try The Brookhill Centre on Brookhill Road down towards Woolwich.

AJWInBlack said...

Toddler World at Plumstead Leisure Centre is still on Friday mornings. Good fun for little'uns, not too many older weans and great singing time!

Plummy Mummy said...

Ah yes, Toddler world. We'll be there. Much fun to be had playing with soft giant animals and hoops.
Eglinton is open for stay and play on tuesday until mid August (closed for two weeks) so there is that to go to.
And the other day, we took a stroll with some other mums and tots around Maryon Park. The peacock there is absolutely beautiful and we saw the largest ducks in the world. They may have been geese?!?