Friday 23 July 2010

Holiday juggling

I've been thinking about returning to work part-time but one thing that worries me enormously is holidays. One of the big advantages of being a SAHM is that I don't have to worry about the holidays as any non-tot commitments are not regular and I can do them anytime. Of course, looking after tot full time often involves lots of screaming as I am cooped up...thank god for good weather and the lovely parks close by.
So what do you do if you are a working parent? Do you take turns having holidays off to look after the kids. How hard that must be especially as it means you can't take holidays as a family.
Do you rely on your extended families? That's fine but in London extended families can be too far away (or even non-existent).
Do you rely on friends?
Holiday clubs? Are they any good?
I'd love to hear from other parents about how they cope (or don't) and what hours it would be best to return to work. By that I mean, is it better to work in the mornings as there is cover for mornings, or should I aim for later in the day?

No comments: