Monday 12 July 2010

Tea for two...




We took the 53 bus to Charlton Park today. I wanted to take pictures of the outdoors gym but even in the wet weather this morning there were people using the equipment. It's very bright and inviting but I would be too embarrassed to use the equipment when there are healthy young men also doing so (much as I would be in an indoors gym) which is a shame. Tot and I then sauntered along for a quick play in the playground and to see the very pretty horses that are housed next to it. The cafe house next to the playground is a bit basic so we headed towards Charlton House and the Mulberry Tea Rooms. What a nice treat - they have baby chairs (though not clean....I wish parents that used them would clean them afterwards) and a baby changing table in the roomy loos. The tea room itself is lovely and with the doors open we had a very good view of the sun shining on the park. Tot is clock obsessed so was happy to see two clocks in the tearoom and also the large diamond shaped black and gold clock that's on top of the house. For lunch I opted for a samosa and ordered a cheese sarnie for the tot. The former was a bit over spiced for my liking but sandwich was appreciated. They don't do decaf brewed coffee so I just had to have caffeine in the afternoon .... leading to a bouncing, nervy Plummy Mummy!
Afterwards we strolled through the Amnesty peace garden and chased butterflies around the flower gardens which have suffered from the recent heatwave but are still pretty. A lot of the park has dog free zones so quite safe to let a tot run around and tumble without fear of falling in poop. All in all, a lovely way to spend a morning. I just wish I had taken a better camera which focuses on the object of desire rather than the background!!!

P.S. I wanted to have a look at the dressmakers shop but she's now retired. Also the library but that doesn't open until 2pm on Mondays so will have to make another trip back.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Had I known you were in the gardens I could have seen you out of my back bedroom windows - we overlook them.

Plummy Mummy said...

Steve...errrr that's a bit creepy. Only kidding! Lucky you for living so close to the park and to the station.
So have you used the outside gym yet?

Steve said...

Yes, I often use it. If you go in the mornings (not in school holidays), you will find all sorts of people using it.