Monday 13 September 2010

Storytelling

Have you caught the cute tv show called Telly Tales where kids act out a story which is often familiar to adults. I enjoy watching the children with their hilarious acting, tell the story.
I've always been a fan of storytelling in the tradition of Jackanory. With a few props, the listener is encouraged to use their imagination to build the world within which the story is being told.

So it's with interest that I came across this site about groups based in Blackheath and Eltham:
http://www.storytellinginhope.com/

They are holding 3 storytelling masterclasses at the Eltham centre this month on 21st Sept, 19th October and 23rd November. I'm going to try one. At £2 a session, it's not a lot to risk and who knows, I may get some advice on how to spin a yarn.

St Mary's Community Centre, 180 Eltham High Street, SE9 1BJ
Time: 8 - 10pm
Cost: £2 per session

No comments: