The Art of Swishing comes to Greenwich,
from the new Greenwich Oxfam Fundraising Group
Bring your unwanted frocks and too tight tuxes to The Pelton Arms on Saturday 5th March and join in the swishing trend. The swishing party, or clothes swap, will celebrate International Women's Day while raising dosh for Oxfam, and is organised by the Greenwich Oxfam Fundraising Group.
Visitors will have the chance to spend an afternoon in a lovely pub, sprucing up their wardrobe while raising money for an important charity. Refreshments will come in the form of a special "Oxfam Afternoon Tea and cake" from the lovely people at the Pelton Arms, with a portion of the price of every one sold donated to the charity.
Popular with fashionistas, the frugal and the eco-conscious, here’s how swishing works:
- Everyone brings at least 1 item of clothing in good condition that they no longer wear (you can bring as many as you like), which gets handed to our lovely helpers on arrival
- The clothes are then sorted ready for everyone to start shopping. In the meantime, grab a drink from the bar or visit the Oxfam info point to find out what your donations will be spent on, not forgetting to order your afternoon tea & cakes!
- Have a rummage, find something you like, try it on, and it’s yours for a small donation to Oxfam
Both ladies and gentlemen are welcome and there's no entry charge.
Date: Saturday 5th March 12.30pm - 4.30pm
Transport: Cutty Sark DLR or Maze Hill rail
Facebook event: http://www.facebook.
Bhaswati Guha, Chair, tel: 07536 087464, email:email@example.com
1. For more information on swishing visit swishing.org
The Art of Swishing involves getting your friends together to swap gorgeous clothes and party at the same time. Every lady must bring at least one good quality, clean item of clothing, or an accessory, that she'd feel proud to hand on.
"Save money, save the planet, have a party: swishing effortlessly touches all of these buttons. Swishing parties are for all those women who want to combine glamour, environmental protection and frugality."
2. Greenwich Oxfam Fundraising Group, http://greenwich-
We are a group of Oxfam supporters who have come together to give our spare time for Oxfam’s good causes. We established the Greenwich Oxfam Fundraising Group in the borough with an aim to raise funds for Oxfam’s work on eradicating global poverty and suffering.We enjoy and organise exciting and interesting fundraising events for Oxfam.
We believe in contributing to the community we live in and making an impact globally with the funds we raise. We meet once a month and our meetings are open to all. If you are interested to attend our monthly meetings to find out more about us and our plans feel free to contact us.