Monday 28 March 2011

To Do list of Local sights

A friend sent me a gorgeous picture of the Crossness Pumping Station which looks amazing. I've passed the sign for it countless times and always thought to go, but usually it's on the way to somewhere and soon forgotten. It's only open a few days a year and the next ones are 1st May and 26th June. I'll be sure to go.

Other local sights on my list of to-dos include:
Welling and District Model Railway Engines behind Falconwood station (Open Days 2011)
Swanley park (yes another with a train!) opening 2nd April
The inside of the Bingo hall in Woolwich just to stare at the Art Deco interiors
Belvedere Splash park (not Victorian / Art D) but still on the list!
The Fan museum in Greenwich

If you have any suggestions of other Victorian and Art Deco goodies around here, please do let me know.

2 comments:

Doctor Pangloss said...

The Red House is at the top of my list. It was home to William Morris, the father of the Arts & Crafts Movement. It's a total gem, tucked away in Bexleyheath.

http://www.morrissociety.org/redhouse.htm

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-redhouse

Plummy Mummy said...

Nice one Dr P. Will add to my list