Friday 15 July 2011

One person's rubbish is...

I'm a bit behind the times with this but I did my first Freecycle interaction today. It felt really good to be able to give something away that in all honesty, would have just been taken the recycling centre.
I joined the local group a few weeks ago. At first, I was shocked to see what people ask for as my parents always taught me to never expect something I couldn't afford to have - but as the old saying goes "if you don't ask, you don't get" and in these days of credit crunching and recession, people need things they can no longer afford.
Around the same time, I've also put some items on Ebay to sell for the first time...Again, I'm late to that party. I admit one has been hanging around in my wardrobe for around 4 years waiting to go on Ebay. It took me nearly 2 hours to do the listing from taking photos to writing a description.
As this is all new, I have not yet learnt the tricks and tips that would make my items sell more successfully - if you are a veteran, please can you share some of your knowledge.....for free?

No comments: