Thursday 17 May 2012

Beauty and the Beast 3d

So today we had a first - Little one and I  met up with a friend and her kid to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. It's the first time we have gone to the cinema since she was a tiny baby.
We have the film on DVD but I was amazed at some of the detail that came out seeing it on a large screen. I am not sure if that is down to the 3D effect or the big screen. In parts it was quite ropey. As a spectacle wearer I'm not keen on those heavy 3D glasses that start to hurt the nose after 2 mins. Also I question if3D is appropriate for every film out there. In fact, the cynical me would argue that adding a few extra screen details to a 2D flick, labelling it 3D and hyping it up is a bit exploitative.
Taking kids to cinemas...kinda an exercise in patience and a lot of shushing. I still don't know what was suddenly so interesting on the cinema floor halfway through the film. Hopefully not that snake that used to come on the pre-show trailers. Gulp.
Despite the moaning, I enjoyed myself and I think the little one did too. May even go again.

2 comments:

Carole said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on the Stevie Wonder quote.

PS Have you ever thought about turning off the word verification stuff? I think you have to go to the old Blogger interface to do it.

Plummy Mummy said...

Cheers Carole, I've got it as I got some nasty comments put on my blog some time back. Will turn it off and see how it goes.