Sunday 11 November 2012

A flower by any other name

Today my daughter wore a poppy in her hair. She likes to have poppies. Last year at nursery the kids were told that people wear poppies to remember soldiers. But she's 5 and she still doesn't understand. Poppies are just a flower to her - a pretty one that her Granny likes to wear. Her Granny knows what the poppy means.One day she will understand. We will tell her that the World Wars were fought by brave soldiers (including Scots and Indians) so that we could enjoy the freedom we have today.  I may be a pacifist but I thank those soldiers who died so I could choose to be.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

2 comments:

Doctor Pangloss said...

Hello Plummy Mummy,

Completely off-topic but thought this might be interesting for you. I often see UI jobs on this website.

I don't know anything about 'user experience', but this is your field isn't it?

http://www.peopleperhour.com/job/user-interface-designer-187576

Hope all's well with you all.

Doctor Pangloss

Plummy Mummy said...

Hiya,
How's it going?
Thanks for the reminder...haven't been on that site for a while. Am trying something new at the moment but could do with some extra cash pre-Xmas so will see if there is anything I can do
Cheers,
P.M.